A Knowledge and Technology Hub in Asia-Pacific Region
Kalinga State University shall primarily provide higher and advanced education, professional instruction and training in the arts, agriculture forestry, social and natural sciences and technology, and other relevant fields of study. It shall also promote and undertake research and extension services, and provide progressive leadership in its areas of specialization.
In order to attain its vision-mission, KSU shall adhere always to Good Governance in all its endeavours, treat all its clienteles and employees with Kindness And Compassion, promote Strong Sense of Service Orientedness and Commitment to foster Unity and Love for Nature and Humanity.
QUALITY AND EXCELLENCE
- State-of-the Art Instructional Facilities and Equipments
- Excellent and Highly-competent Faculty Specialists in respective Disciplines
- Center of Development (COD) Center of Excellence in priority degree programs
- Outcomes-Based Education (OBE) anchored on Philippine Higher Education Road Map and compliant to ISO standards and requirements
- High Profile of Graduate's Performance in Board/Licensure Examination and Job Placement
- Level IV accredited status of priority/mandated curricular programs
- KSU as a Prime Center for Research and Development Services of CAR
- Technology and Enterprise Development-Oriented Research Program anchored in National Higher Education Research Agenda (NHERA)
- Center of Research in Upland Agriculture
- Complete and State-of-the Art Research Laboratory
- Enterprise Development-Oriented Extension Services Program
- Strong Linkages and funding support from local, regional, national and international partners
- Practice of Good Governance
- Establishment of Modern Infrastructure Facilities
RELEVANCE AND RESPONSIVENESS
- Relevant Curricular Programs responsive to local, national and global Industry Needs and Job Market-Driven Demands
- Student Mobility through Student Internship Program (SIIP/SIAP) anchored on strong and sustained partnership and collaboration with local, national and international host training entities and universities
- Establishment of innovation centers
- Development-Oriented Research program within the context of National Higher Education Research Agenda
- State-of-the-Art Research facilities and equipments responsive to research challenges and demands
- Enterprise Development-Oriented Extension Services Program relevant and responsive to local, regional, national and International challenges and demands
- Practice of Transparency and Accountability
- Accreditation of the University (ISA and ISO)
ACCESS AND EQUITY
- Rationalized Scholarship Program for all three KSU Satellite Campuses in the province
- KSU Partnership/Linkages on Research Projects with at least Local, National and International Research and Funding Institution
- Increased number of beneficiaries and communities served KSU Extension program services
- Enterprise Development-Oriented Extension Service program consistent with KSU Vision, Mission, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Equal Treatment of Clientele
- Implementation of FOI
EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
- Discipline Specialist Development-Oriented Faculty Development Program
- Complete State-of-the-Art Instructional Facilities and Equipments
- Research Capability Building Program
- State-of-the-Art Research Facilities and Equipments
- Revitalized Extension Services Program directed towards Enterprise Development Expert Committee Extension workers
- Implement policy on quick response
- Modernization of facilities
- 85% establishment of State-of-the-Art Instructional Facilities and Equipments.
- Ninety-eight percent (98%) of Instructional capabilities and academic qualifications of all faculty members are verticalized to their degrees and specializations.
- Established One Center of Development (COD) and one Center of Excellence in priority degree programs.
- 100% of program offerings are Outcomes-Based Education (OBE) anchored on Philippine Higher Education Road Map and compliant to ISO standards and requirements
- Student's performance in Licensure/Board Examination surpass national passing rate by eighty percent (80%)
- Offering of additional 5 Relevant Curricular Programs that are responsive to local, regional, national and global Industry needs and Job Market-Driven Demands
- Ninety percent (90%) priority degree programs are relevant and responsive development oriented are accredited to Level IV and compliant to international standards
- Offering of open and distance learning and transnational education increased to six (6) courses
- One hundred percent (100%) of graduating students equipped with global competitiveness
- Five Thousand Students participating in student mobility through Student Internship Program (SIIP/SIAP) anchored on strong and sustained partnership and collaboration with local, national and international host training entities and universities
- Rationalized 6 Scholarship/Grant Programs for all three KSU Satellite Campuses
- Establishment of 2 innovation centers
- Faculty researchers trained under a rational Research Capability Building Program increased by ninety-five percent (95%).
- Research and Development Program is Technology and Enterprise Development-Oriented one hundred percent(100%) aligned and consistent with the National Higher Education Research Agenda (NHERA). and the provincial and regional Medium Term Development Plan.
- Physical resources and infrastructure for research improved by ninety-eight percent (98%) towards compliance to State-of-the-Art Research Laboratory
- Establish 4 additional research centers
- Linkages and partnerships with Research Institutions and funding agencies is expanded by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- Policy research on environment that will promote quality performance improved by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- Dissemination of Research outputs for technology transfer and commercialization of products from research is enhanced by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- 80% Extension services programs are revitalized towards Enterprise Development-Oriented and are relevant and responsive to local, regional, national and International challenges and demands.
- Strengthen 90% of its Linkages and funding support from local, regional, national and international partners.
- A pool of qualified, trained, dedicated and competent Faculty Extensionists capable in implementing KSU's Extension Services Program towards building enterprising and self-reliant communities increased by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- Number of beneficiaries and communities served through the various extension services programs and projects increased by ninety percent (90%).
- Personnel and physical resources towards the end view of increasing KSU's Extension Services Capabilities are increased by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- Capability of KSU's Extension unit in accessing needed data for its operations through interconnectivity with primary data sources and innovating and creating delivery approaches and strategies is enhanced by ninety-eight percent (98%).
- Enhance by 100% the practice of good governance in all offices of the university, such as: Transparency and accountability, equal treatment of clientele, implementation of FOI, adoption of a quick response policy.
- 100% ISO and ISA Accredited
- 90% improvement of facilities
- 7 new construction of academic and other facilities
- 90% Modernization of academic and administrative facilities
- Improve by 90% the resource generation/income of the university