As the academic core of the Kalinga State University, the College of Liberal Arts fosters educational excellence, intellectual inquiry, discovery and unmatched access through our three (3) unique degree programs in the social sciences and humanities.
The College has three (3) undergraduate majors in English Language, History and Political Science housed in three (3) departments. We encourage our students to pioneer solutions to society’s most pressing issues and concerns.
A. Bachelor of Arts in History Program
Objectives of the AB History Program
1. To demontrates and understanding of historical as a social science/humanistic dicipline.
2. To identify the primary and secondary sources nessesary to the study of a specific research problem and familiarity standard citation format.
3. To recognized the relevance of the study of the study of the past to cotemporary issues and concerns.
4. To relate the role of history in asserting national identity.
B. Bachelor of Arts in English Language Program
Objectives of the English Program:
1. To communicate in English (both oral and written) fluently, accurately, and creatively in diverce social, cultural, academic, and professional setting.
2. To facilitate English Language Learning in a school setting.
3. To teach English communication skills using knowledge of best practices.
4. To enhance literacy development and critical/creative thingking among students though the use of different types of text.
5. To engage in English language research relevant to the school and workplace setting.
C. Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Objectives of the Political Science Program:
1. Design and execute reseach inquiries using appropriate quantilitive and qualitative methodes guided by theories or conceptual frameworks.
2. Demontrate written, visuals, and oral presentation skill to produce and analytical reports.
3. Critique, judge and respond to current issues and problems based on a mostative understanding of the historical and cotemporary development in the natioanal and global contexts.
4. Develop a predisposition towards ethical political involvement and practice in various forms and on different levels of engagement.