CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES
For the2017 Nomination
- CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES FOR PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE (PSR)—Nominees for PSR to the KalingaState University (KSU) Board of Regents (BOR) must satisfy the followingcriteria:
- Must be a Filipino citizen and a prominent resident of Kalinga;
Operational definition of “resident”:
- Owns/rents a house and lot in Kalinga; or
- Ancestors/immediate family members(i.e., parents, siblings, and relatives up to the 4th level of consanguinity) live in and are considered registered voters in Kalinga, and competent local authorities certify that the nominee continues to maintain links with and visits the province at least once a year.
- Must be at least forty (40) years old;
- Must be a person of unquestioned integrity and probity and must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or crime;
- Must be successful in his/her businessor chosen field(s);
- Must be from the industry, business, or profession that can contribute to the pursuit of the mandate of KSU;
- Must have at least five (5) years proven experience in managing a business or in corporate governance;
- Must have made a contribution to the community and/or to the country;
- Must not be connected with KSUin any manner for two years prior to the nomination;
- Must have an extensive record of employment, business, expertise, and connection with the private sector. If the nominee previously worked in any capacity with a government entity or was a consultant in any government undertaking or whatever nature, the proportion of the time the nominee served in government should not exceed one-fourth of the entire time served in the private sector;
- Must not in any way be presently employed or appointed to any position in any government agency or entity (national, local, or government-owned or controlled corporation), be it on a full-time or part-time basis, at the time of nomination;and
- Must explicitly manifest availability of time and commitment to the service ofKSU.
Based on the CHED recommended Criteria and Guidelines
The achievements and contributions of nominees shall be evaluated according to percentages presented in Table 1 below.
Table 1. Evaluation of PSR Nominees
- NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS— Nominators/Nomineesfor the position of PSR should provide all pertinent details, as follows:
- Duly accomplished and notarized nomination form;
- Supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae of nominee with duly certified documents in support of data specified therein (e.g., academic records; past and current employment/service records; awards received, SEC/DTI Registration of companies owned by nominee; etc.)
- Certification that nominee is not connected with KSU;
- Certification that nominee is not currently employed in any government agency/office;
- Original NBI clearance; and
- Nominee’s Conforme—Nominees should indicate their acceptance of the nomination by signing their conforme on the designated portion of the notarized nomination form.
- NOMINATION PROCESS—Nominators shall submit their nominations and all supporting documents to the Office of the KSU Board Secretary, Secretariat of the Search Committee, located at KSU Administration Building, Bulanao, Tabuk City Kalinga not later than 21 April 2017 at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. The Search Committee shall only consider nominations with complete supporting documents.